Giveaway: Heavy Metal Pulp: Pleasure Model by Christopher Rowley
Enter for a chance to win an advance reading copy on Goodreads!
About Heavy Metal Pulp: Pleasure Model: Presenting Heavy Metal Pulp, a new line of novels combining noir fiction with fantastic art featuring the themes, story lines, and graphic styles of Heavy Metal magazine.
In Pleasure Model, the first book in the Netherworld trilogy, down-and out police detective Rook gets a big break when he’s assigned to a bizarre and vicious murder case. The clues are colder than the corpse and the case looks like it’ll remain unsolved—until an eyewitness is discovered. But the witness is a Pleasure Model, an illegal gene-grown human. Plesur’s only purpose is to provide satisfaction to her owner—in any way. When the murderer targets Plesur in order to eliminate the one witness, Rook takes her into hiding to protect her. Thus begins a descent into the dark world of exotic pleasure mods and their illicit buyers and manufacturers. Rook frantically looks for clues, struggling to stay one stop ahead of those looking to kill them both. But is Rook falling under Plesur’s spell….?
(Ends January 23, 2010)
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- The Week in Review
- Find Tor Books at BEA!
- Goodreads First Reads: Thieves’ Quarry by D. B. Jackson
- New Releases: 5/14/2013
- Book Trailer: The Navigator by Michael Pocalyko
- Kitty in the Underworld Sweepstakes
- The Week in Review
- Waiting on Wednesday: Solstice Sweepstakes
- Book Trailer: Sea Change by S. M. Wheeler
- New Releases: 5/7/2013
- RT @tordotcom: The #DoctorWho season finale was bad television, but great Doctor Who. Our spoiler-filled review: bit.ly/116DP89 12 hours ago
- “Second Sons” is fine for a title, but it doesn't leave much room for the women of #GameofThrones in this week's ep: bit.ly/114PxWT 13 hours ago
- Clone Wars may be gone, but there will be a new Star Wars animated series in 2014! @tordotcom has more: bit.ly/116ZwoG 14 hours ago
- Madeleine Robins' Sold for Endless Rue is featured on The Big Idea today: bit.ly/116Ejem 15 hours ago
- RT @DavidEdison: Got permission from @torbooks to post the *unbelievably gorgeous* cover art for The Waking Engine by @smartiniere: http://… 16 hours ago
Urban Fantasy Sweepstakes
- The Wheel of Time Unfettered: A Non-Spoiler Review of “River of Souls”
- The Millionaire and the Mummies (Excerpt)
- How Do We Like This River Song Timeline?
- Going Above and Beyond: The Lowest Heaven, edited by Anne C. Perry & Jared Shurin
- The Worst Of Acts, The Best Of Reasons: Antiagon Fire by L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Rewatch: “We’ve got company and they brought a crusade”
- Believing in Magic is Believing in Yourself: Terry Brooks’ “Imaginary Friends” from Unfettered
- Shall We Begin? Star Trek Into Darkness Spoiler Review
- New Animated Series Star Wars: Rebels Coming in 2014
- A Read of the Dark Tower: Constant Reader Tackles Wolves of the Calla, Part 3, Chapter 6, “Before the Storm”
- You Never Forget Your First Time: Erotica Authors Recall Their First Hot Reads
- Darkness (and Fandom) Never Dies: Unofficial Trailer for Siege and Storm
- Sweet Salt Air: Exclusive Excerpt
- Short, Delicious, and Oh-So-Sweet: Favorite Historical Novellas
- Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8 Recap: Dysfunctionally Erect
- Nalini Singh Releases Two Chapters of Heart of Obsidian
- We Know You’re Practicing Tsundoku!
- Poll: What is Your Favorite Type of Man in Uniform?
- New Adult is All That—In a Bad Way
- Orphan Black’s Sarah/Paul: Tainted Love
- Lawyers on TV: The Case of the Vanishing Hero
- Fresh Meat: Graveland by Alan Glynn
- Taking Food Waaaaayyyyyy Too Seriously
- Fresh Meat: The Caretaker by A.X. Ahmad
- You Talkin’ to Me?: Criminal Language
- Fresh Meat: R.I.P.D.: City Of The Damned by Jeremy Barlow, Peter M. Lenkov, and Tony Parker
- Now Win This: Spring Cleaning Sweepstakes
- Dick Tracy and Blowtorches
- 5 Reasons to Watch Orphan Black
- The Sound and the Fury: Trailer for Berberian Sound Studio