Tor Books is heading to New York Comic-Con!
We hope to see many of you there. Stop by Booth #920 to say hi or to participate in one of our many events and signings.
But for those of you who couldn’t make it out to New York, we wanted to offer you the chance to grab some of the same amazing swag and books that we’re promoting at #NYCC. To enter for the chance to win one of these five prize bundles, leave a comment on this post telling us one fabulous thing that you’ll be doing this week while you are #NotAtComicCon.
Here’s a look at the prize:
And here’s a list of what’s included in each prize bundle:
- Wheel of Time backpack
- Halo patch
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- The Battle of Blood and Ink written by Jared Axelrod and illustrated by Steve Walker
- The Clockwork Sky Volume One by Madeleine Rosca
- Dead Space: Martyr by Brian Evenson
- Earthseed by Pamela Sargent
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- The Eye of the World: Graphic Novel: Volume 2 Based on the novel by Robert Jordan, written by Chuck Dixon, illustrated by Andie Tong
- For the Win by Cory Doctorow
- Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson
- The Gift of Fire/On the Head of a Pin by Walter Mosley
- Green by Jay Lake
- Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear
- Halo: Glasslands by Karen Traviss
- Hellhole by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
- Inside Straight edited by George R.R. Martin
- Johnny Hiro: Half Asian, All Hero written and illustrated by Fred Chao
- Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber
- Old Man’s War by John Scalzi
- The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind
- Only Superhuman by Christopher L. Bennett
- Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
- Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone
- The Way of the Kings by Brandon Sanderson
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be 18 or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C. to enter. Promotion begins October 11, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. ET. and ends October 15, 2012, 12:00 p.m. ET. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited by law. Please see full details and official rules go here. Sponsor: Tom Doherty Associates, LLC.
Welcome to the week in review! Every Friday, we comb through the links and images we found and shared this week, and pull the very best for this post. Consider it concentrated genre goodness from all around the web.
- Via Dragonmount, some fun re-imaginings of the wardrobes of Wheel of Time characters from a fashion blogger. Some are spot on (like all three of our ta’veren boys), but others are a bit off. What do you think?
- Tor.com has some really exciting news: Ann VanderMeer has joined the site as a Consulting Fiction Editor.
- The Huffington Post picked their favorite apocalyptic titles, including Brian Evenson’s Immobility!
- Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, died this weekend. RIP, Mr. Armstrong. You will be missed.
- The blog For Books’ Sake has a great two part list of the best women writers of fantasy fiction. The list includes authors like Ursula K. LeGuin, Elizabeth Bear, Robin Hobb, and many more. Who do you think is missing?
- The next season of Doctor Who starts this weekend! In celebration, Tor.com looks at the patterns behind the Doctor’s regenerations, from one to eleven.
- Speaking of Doctor Who, have you been watching the Pond Life, the mini-series introducing season seven? Delightful!
- A fun (if incorrect) Sandworm Size Chart!
And, just to make Friday that much sweeter, here’s a list of sweepstakes and sales we have going on!
- Cory Doctorow Collection Sweepstakes (Ends 9/4)
- The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan (Ends 9/5)
- Midst Toil and Tribulation by David Weber (Ends 9/5)
- The Other Woman by Hank Phillippi Ryan (Ends 9/7)
- Midst Toil and Tribulation, by David Weber, is also available on Goodreads (Ends 9/10)
- Ironskin by Tina Connolly (Ends 9/13)
- Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone (Ends 9/13)
- Merge/Disciple: Two Short Novels from Crosstown to Oblivion by Walter Mosley (Ends 9/14)
- Pirate Cinema by Cory Doctorow (Ends 9/14)
- Earthseed by Pamela Sargent (Ends 9/20)
- The Eye of the World: Graphic Novel, Volume 1 by Robert Jordan (Ends 9/21)
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Ends 9/25)
Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About Immobility: You open your eyes for what you know is not the first time and you remember nothing. You find out that a catastrophic event known as the Kollaps has destroyed life as we know it. Someone claiming to be your friend tells you that you’re needed. Something crucial has been stolen—but under no circumstances can you know what or why. You’ve got to get it back or something bad is going to happen. And you’ve got to get it back fast, so they can freeze you again before your own time runs out.
Paralyzed from the waist down, you’re being carried around on the backs of two men who don’t seem anything like you at all. Who inject you regularly and tell you it’s for your own good…to stop the disease, or else they must cut directly into your spine.
Welcome to the life of Josef Horkai….
Critically acclaimed and O. Henry prize–winning author Brian Evenson turns his literary eye to a postapocalyptic earth in this dazzling science fiction novel.
(Ends March 9)
- The EVE: Templar One Battleship Sweepstakes (Ends 2/14)
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Ends 2/24)
- New Spring: The Graphic Novel Based on the novel by Robert Jordan, by Chuck Dixon, Mike Miller, and Harvey Tolibao (Ends 2/24)
- Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne by David Gaider (Ends 2/24)
- EVE: Templar One by Tony Gonzales (Ends 2/24)
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron (Ends 3/1)
- Glamour in Glass by Mary Robinette Kowal (Ends 3/9)
- The Stolen Bride by Tony Hays (Ends 3/9)
- The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 based on the novel by Robert Jordan, written by Chuck Dixon, and illustrated by Chase Conley (Ends 3/9)
- David Weber’s Safehold Series Sweepstakes (Ends 3/9)