Giveaway: Heavy Metal Pulp: Pleasure Model by Christopher Rowley
Enter for a chance to win an advance reading copy on Goodreads!
About Heavy Metal Pulp: Pleasure Model: Presenting Heavy Metal Pulp, a new line of novels combining noir fiction with fantastic art featuring the themes, story lines, and graphic styles of Heavy Metal magazine.
In Pleasure Model, the first book in the Netherworld trilogy, down-and out police detective Rook gets a big break when he’s assigned to a bizarre and vicious murder case. The clues are colder than the corpse and the case looks like it’ll remain unsolved—until an eyewitness is discovered. But the witness is a Pleasure Model, an illegal gene-grown human. Plesur’s only purpose is to provide satisfaction to her owner—in any way. When the murderer targets Plesur in order to eliminate the one witness, Rook takes her into hiding to protect her. Thus begins a descent into the dark world of exotic pleasure mods and their illicit buyers and manufacturers. Rook frantically looks for clues, struggling to stay one stop ahead of those looking to kill them both. But is Rook falling under Plesur’s spell….?
(Ends January 23, 2010)
- An Editor’s Dirty Little Secret
- On a Bus to New York
- Sister, Healer, Soldier, Spy
- Tor/Forge Blog is Moving to a New Domain
- The Week in Review
- Not at New York Comic-Con Sweepstakes
- Starred Review: Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
- New Releases: 10/8/2013
- Goodreads Sweepstakes: Watcher of the Dark by Joseph Nasisse
- Tor Books Announces Programming for New York Comic-Con 2013
- Read the first five chapters from L.E. Modesitt, Jr.'s #MagicofRecluce: bit.ly/2eFQKiW #FantasyFirsts https://t.co/fQejGkDJMo 1 hour ago
- Check out the cover of #BecomingBonnie by Jenni Walsh! Before Bonnie met Clyde, who was she?… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 hours ago
- As the singularity draws nearer, check out @GooglePlay's 5 books about robots, including @ghostfinder’s #MadeToKill… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 5 hours ago
- George RR Martin explains #WildCards, his largest series, on @tordotcom: bit.ly/2eGefbj https://t.co/IfLfFAsOWw 7 hours ago
- RT @TheRealKitReed: Y'all, look, look! Coming next year from @torbooks https://t.co/OCHxU5KzxE 9 hours ago
- Rereading Kage Baker’s Company Series: The Graveyard Game, Part 3
- Pull List: Gather ‘Round for Some Spooky Tales from the Darkside
- The Face of the Enemy: Black Mirror, “Men Against Fire”
- Star Trek The Original Series Rewatch: “The Savage Curtain”
- Peter Jackson Will Write and Produce a Film Adaption of Dystopian YA Novel Mortal Engines
- To Hell and Back: Lost Gods by Brom
- A Taste of Honey Sweepstakes!
- 5 Vampire Novels That Don’t Sparkle
- George R. R. Martin Explains Wild Cards: His Largest Book Series
- Romance Found Unseen: A Taste of Honey by Kai Ashante Wilson