Giveaway: Heavy Metal Pulp: Pleasure Model by Christopher Rowley
Enter for a chance to win an advance reading copy on Goodreads!
About Heavy Metal Pulp: Pleasure Model: Presenting Heavy Metal Pulp, a new line of novels combining noir fiction with fantastic art featuring the themes, story lines, and graphic styles of Heavy Metal magazine.
In Pleasure Model, the first book in the Netherworld trilogy, down-and out police detective Rook gets a big break when he’s assigned to a bizarre and vicious murder case. The clues are colder than the corpse and the case looks like it’ll remain unsolved—until an eyewitness is discovered. But the witness is a Pleasure Model, an illegal gene-grown human. Plesur’s only purpose is to provide satisfaction to her owner—in any way. When the murderer targets Plesur in order to eliminate the one witness, Rook takes her into hiding to protect her. Thus begins a descent into the dark world of exotic pleasure mods and their illicit buyers and manufacturers. Rook frantically looks for clues, struggling to stay one stop ahead of those looking to kill them both. But is Rook falling under Plesur’s spell….?
(Ends January 23, 2010)
- An Editor’s Dirty Little Secret
- On a Bus to New York
- Sister, Healer, Soldier, Spy
- Tor/Forge Blog is Moving to a New Domain
- The Week in Review
- Not at New York Comic-Con Sweepstakes
- Starred Review: Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
- New Releases: 10/8/2013
- Goodreads Sweepstakes: Watcher of the Dark by Joseph Nasisse
- Tor Books Announces Programming for New York Comic-Con 2013
- Read "The Scholast in the Low Waters Kingdom, " a space opera story about interstellar diplomacy from @maxgladstone… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 6 hours ago
- Nuclear disaster strikes Pennsylvania in #Fallout by Wil Mara. Start reading here: bit.ly/2o4rqoS https://t.co/wNTe1Ya5Sw 7 hours ago
- Author @iannmcdonald returns to the harshest mistress in LUNA: WOLF MOON. Read @BoingBoing's review:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 10 hours ago
- RT @tordotcom: How would you like a chance to win a pretty pile of books from @R_Emrys @casskhaw @victorlavalle @auntbeast & more? https://… 13 hours ago
- Head to @LightspeedMag to read an interview with #Binti: Home author @Nnedi: bit.ly/2oasHic https://t.co/rQseK9CS1y 13 hours ago
- A Good Horror Story Hinges on Sincerity
- It’s Time to Light The Lights: The Unrepeatable Magic of the Theater
- Star Trek The Original Series Rewatch: “The Pirates of Orion”
- Tor.com’s Lovecraftiana Sweepstakes!
- Are You Ready to Float? Check Out the New Trailer for Stephen King’s IT
- How “Tallyho!” is Not Always Applicable to Airship Battles
- H.P. Lovecraft and the Chamber of Secrets: Lovecraft and William Lumley’s “The Diary of Alonzo Typer”
- Why the Next SpaceX Launch Is Important
- If You Love Game of Thrones, What Science Fiction Books Would You Like?
- Take a Peek at This Sumptuous Trailer For Luc Besson’s Valerian