What’s your Favorite Frederik Pohl novel?
Upon the occasion of the publication of All the Lives He Led by Frederik Pohl, we thought it might be a propitious time to ask some of his peers to share their picks.
Of course, since we asked science fiction writers, a notoriously independent bunch, they came back with a wide variety of answers. Some talked about only one book; others, about more than one. Some mentioned collaborations. And one named a book that isn’t even a novel.
Everyone had something interesting to say, which isn’t surprising, since one thing that has always been true about Fred Pohl’s novels is that they elicit strong reactions among readers. And they’re never dull.
We’ll be posting one answer every day from now until the release of All the Lives He Led on April 12. We hope you will let us know if you have any favorites too.
First up, what’s your favorite Frederik Pohl novel, Jody Lynn Nye?
The series continues with:
- Mike Resnick: The Way the Future Was
- Harry Harrison: The Space Merchants
- Vernor Vinge: Slave Ship
- Joe Haldeman: Wolfbane and The Space Merchants
- Neil Gaiman: The Age of the Pussyfoot
- Cory Doctorow: The Space Merchants
- David Brin: Wolfbane
- James E. Gunn: Gateway and The Space Merchants
- Gregory Benford & Elisabeth Malatre: Man Plus
- Larry Niven: The Age of the Pussyfoot
- Ben Bova: The Space Merchants
- Phyllis Eisenstein: The Space Merchants
From the Tor/Forge April newsletter. Sign up to receive our newsletter via email.
More from our March newsletter:
- An Editor’s Dirty Little Secret
- On a Bus to New York
- Sister, Healer, Soldier, Spy
- Tor/Forge Blog is Moving to a New Domain
- The Week in Review
- Not at New York Comic-Con Sweepstakes
- Starred Review: Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
- New Releases: 10/8/2013
- Goodreads Sweepstakes: Watcher of the Dark by Joseph Nasisse
- Tor Books Announces Programming for New York Comic-Con 2013
- Looking for a fantasy story to read? Try "Losing Heart Among the Tall," a Stormwrack novelette by @AlyxDellamonica:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago
- Here’s a chance to win #SeventhSun, @KentLesterAuth’s new scientific thriller: bit.ly/2kMg0p9 https://t.co/N6zpdLRKX4 11 hours ago
- RT @BNSciFi: We talk with @veschwab about A CONJURING OF LIGHT, her Hogwarts house, & writing fantasy that lights up the world. https://t.c… 14 hours ago
- RT @NASA: New record! We’ve found 7 Earth-sized planets around a single star outside our solar system; 3 in habitable zone: https://t.co/Gg… 14 hours ago
- FINN FANCY NECROMANCY author @randyauthor on seeing a familiar town from a new point of view:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 hours ago
- Reunion Tour: Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames
- Five Books About Trolls
- Urban Legends of Ancient Egypt: Gene Wolfe’s “Lord of the Land”
- Astronomers Find 7 Earth-Sized Exoplanets Orbiting One Star
- V.E. Schwab Prize Pack Sweepstakes!
- Malazan Reread of the Fallen: Forge of Darkness, Prelude
- The Grisha Trilogy Reread: Ruin and Rising, Part Three
- Catch a FIYAH: Notes on Building a Black Speculative Fiction Revolution
- Losing Heart Among the Tall
- A Peculiar Coat, Four Years Later