Goodreads First Reads: The Dark at the End by F. Paul Wilson
Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About The Dark at the End: Bound by his promise to Glaeken, Jack has refrained from making any direct moves against Rasalom. But things have changed so there’s nothing holding Jack in check any longer. Other changes are occurring as well. Jack is healing at an accelerated rate–much like Glaeken did when he was immortal. This can only mean that Glaeken’s time is almost up and when he dies, Jack takes his place.
Rasalom continues to plot against the Lady. Twice she has died and returned; a third time and she will be gone, leaving a clear path for the Otherness to infiltrate this reality. But Ernst Drexler, formerly Rasalom’s go-to guy for logistical support, fears he will be left out in the cold when the Change comes. He forms an uneasy alliance with Jack, who is preparing to face their old enemy.
Meanwhile, Dawn Pickering is searching for her supposedly dead baby. The trail leads her to a mansion in a remote Long Island coastal town, where she discovers a truth she could have never imagined.
Now the stage is set for Jack’s massive assault on Rasalom. Jack knows he’s got just one shot. But it’s not just a matter of taking out Rasalom: he also must safely retrieve Dawn’s child and minimize collateral damage. So, he comes up with a foolproof plan.
But fools are always with us….
(Ends October 12)
- Repairman Jack Sweepstakes (Ends 10/16)
- The Children of the Sky by Vernor Vinge (Ends 9/15)
- A Dublin Student Doctor by Patrick Taylor (Ends 9/15)
- Dear Creature by Jonathan Chase (Ends 9/15)
- Eyes to See by Joseph Nassise (Ends 9/15)
- The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson (Ends 10/7) — and another chance to win a copy of The Alloy of Law here! (Ends 9/16 @ noon)
- Cold Gory by B. Kent Anderson (Ends 10/12)
- Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham (Ends 10/14)