Download Tor/Forge Author Voices Volume #3
For over three decades Tor and Forge have been proud to publish some of the most beloved and respected works of genre fiction.
With this sampler, we are pleased to present a one-of-a-kind collection of articles written by our authors, along with excerpts of their books. We’re highlighting a cross-section of our exciting new and popular titles in science fiction and fantasy, steampunk, middle-grade fiction, and urban fantasy.
Also included in this collection are articles and essays on the craft of writing and reflections on the many worlds of genre fiction.
In this collection . . .
JOHN SCALZI talks about fan fiction and the writing of Fuzzy Nation, a retelling of H. Beam Piper’s Little Fuzzy. Read an excerpt of Fuzzy Nation for yourself.
It’s the twentieth anniversary of L.E. MODESITT JR.’s first fantasy adventure in the Saga of Recluce – The Magic of Recluce. In the article “A Job in Magicland,” Modesitt reflects on the sojourn.
CATHERYNNE M. VALENTE introduces us to the rich and magical world of Russian myth and legend. Preview her new novel, Deathless, which is set against this captivating backdrop.
JO WALTON gives us a look at her novel, Among Others – a novel of growing up with a passion for magic and literature.
EDWARD LAZELLARIshares his approach in keeping the fantasy elements realistic in his debut novel, Awakenings. Get a sneak peak of this exciting September 2011 release!
With more features and novel previews by:
IAN C. ESSLEMONT
EDWARD M. LERNER
L.E. MODESITT JR.
- An Editor’s Dirty Little Secret
- On a Bus to New York
- Sister, Healer, Soldier, Spy
- Tor/Forge Blog is Moving to a New Domain
- The Week in Review
- Not at New York Comic-Con Sweepstakes
- Starred Review: Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
- New Releases: 10/8/2013
- Goodreads Sweepstakes: Watcher of the Dark by Joseph Nasisse
- Tor Books Announces Programming for New York Comic-Con 2013
- Don't miss out on this chance to win @seananmcguire's DOWN AMONG THE STICKS AND BONES! bit.ly/2nL5PCd https://t.co/5pPynq3NB4 15 hours ago
- The Deadmen definitely aren’t choirboys…read an excerpt of @kenyonsherrilyn’s upcoming novel #DeadmenWalking:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- Read "Selfies," a dark fantasy story by @lavietidhar about the peril of cell phones: bit.ly/1P3Fogq https://t.co/yogBayVnfz 1 day ago
- The Sin du Jour crew caters to the Shadow Government in @MattFnWallace's GREEDY PIGS. Read an excerpt:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Read an interview with #Skullsworn author @BrianStaveley on @FantasyFaction: bit.ly/2on9k28 https://t.co/x2J3mFxKhy 1 day ago
- Tiny Jyn Erso Heads to Star Wars Celebration, Hands Every Leia a Copy of the Death Star Plans
- What is the Best Collective Noun for Authors?
- New To The Wheel of Time? This Video Gives You the Basics in 60 Seconds
- American Gods Showrunners Talk Sex; Reveal Favorite Deities
- Night Magic
- Where Do We Go From Here? The Magicians, “We Have Brought You Little Cakes”
- The Speculative World of William Shakespeare
- Supernatural Urban Decay: Night Train
- 5 Books That Get Ruined If You Take Away a Key Piece of Technology
- Firewalk Without Me, Please: Firestarter