Goodreads First Reads: Betrayal by Robert Fitzpatrick and Jon Land
Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About Betrayal: The Jack Nicholson filmThe Departed didn’t tell half of their story. A poor kid from the slums, Robert Fitzpatrick grew up to become a stellar FBI agent and challenge the country’s deadliest gangsters. Relentless in his desire to catch, prosecute, and convict Whitey Bulger, Fitzpatrick fought the nation’s most determined cop-gangster battle since Melvin Purvis hunted, confronted, and killed John Dillinger.
In his crusade to bring Bulger to justice, Fitzpatrick faced not only Whitey but also corrupt FBI agents, along with political cronies and enablers from Boston to Washington who, in one way or another, blocked his efforts at every step. Even when Fitzpatrick discovered the very organization to which he had sworn allegiance was his biggest obstacle, the agent continued to pursue Whitey and his gang . . . knowing that they were prepared to murder anyone who got in their way.
(Ends December 9)
- The Thirteen Hallows by Michael Scott and Colette Freedman (Ends 11/3)
- EVE: Templar One by Tony Gonzales (Ends 11/3)
- Steampunk Sweepstakes – win 16 books! (Ends 11/9)
- Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card (Ends 12/2)
- Sisterhood of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson (Ends 12/2)
- Hard Knocks by Howie Carr (Ends 12/2)