Goodreads First Reads: Living Proof by Kira Peikoff
Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About Living Proof: In 2027, destroying an embryo is considered first-degree murder. Fertility clinics still exist, giving hope and new life to thousands of infertile families, but they have to pass rigorous inspections by the United States Department of Embryo Preservation. Fail an inspection, and you will be prosecuted.
Brilliant young doctor Arianna Drake seems to be thriving in the spotlight: her small clinic surpasses every government requirement, and its popularity has spiked—a sudden, rapid growth that leaves the DEP chief mystified. When he discovers Arianna’s radical past as a supporter of an infamous scientist, he sends undercover agent Trent Rowe to investigate her for possible illegal activity.
As Trent is pulled into Arianna’s enigmatic world, his own begins to unravel. The secret he finally uncovers will deeply move him—and jeopardize them both. With the clock ticking her life away, he finds himself questioning everything he knows to be true, and then must summon the courage to take the greatest risk of all. Nothing less than human life—and a major scientific breakthrough—hang in the balance.
A thought-provoking thriller by debut author Kira Peikoff, Living Proof is a celebration of love and life that cuts to the core of a major cultural debate of our time.
(Ends December 17)
- Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card (Ends 12/2)
- Sisterhood of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson (Ends 12/2)
- Hard Knocks by Howie Carr (Ends 12/2)
- Sisterhood of Dune by Kevin J. Anderson (Ends 12/9)
- Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card (Ends 12/9)
- The Scar by Sergey Dyachenko (Ends 12/17)
- Artic Rising by Tobias Buckell (Ends 12/17)
- Cain at Gettysburg by Ralph Peters (Ends 12/17)
- Touchstone by Melanie Rawn (Ends 12/17)
- A War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card (Ends 12/17)
- An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor (Ends 12/17)