Goodreads First Reads: The Scar by Sergey and Marina Dyachenko
Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About The Scar: Reaching far beyond sword and sorcery,The Scar is a story of two people torn by disaster, their descent into despair, and their reemergence through love and courage. Sergey and Marina Dyachenko mix dramatic scenes with romance, action and wit, in a style both direct and lyrical. Written with a sure artistic hand, The Scar is the story of a man driven by his own feverish demons to find redemption and the woman who just might save him.
Egert is a brash, confident member of the elite guards and an egotistical philanderer. But after he kills an innocent student in a duel, a mysterious man known as “The Wanderer” challenges Egert and slashes his face with his sword, leaving Egert with a scar that comes to symbolize his cowardice. Unable to end his suffering by his own hand, Egert embarks on an odyssey to undo the curse and the horrible damage he has caused, which can only be repaired by a painful journey down a long and harrowing path.
Plotted with the sureness of Robin Hobb and colored with the haunting and ominous imagination of Michael Moorcock, The Scar tells a story that cannot be forgotten.
(Ends December 17)
- Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card (Ends 12/2)
- Sisterhood of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson (Ends 12/2)
- Hard Knocks by Howie Carr (Ends 12/2)
- Sisterhood of Dune by Kevin J. Anderson (Ends 12/9)
- Shadows in Flight by Orson Scott Card (Ends 12/9)
- Artic Rising by Tobias Buckell (Ends 12/17)
- Living Proof by Kira Peikoff (Ends 12/17)
- Cain at Gettysburg by Ralph Peters (Ends 12/17)
- Touchstone by Melanie Rawn (Ends 12/17)
- A War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card (Ends 12/17)
- An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor (Ends 12/17)