Goodreads First Reads: Glamour in Glass by Mary Robinette Kowal
Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About Glamour in Glass: Mary Robinette Kowal stunned readers with her charming first novelShades of Milk and Honey, a loving tribute to the works of Jane Austen in a world where magic is an everyday occurrence. This magic comes in the form of glamour, which allows talented users to form practically any illusion they can imagine. Shades went on to earn great acclaim and become a finalist for the prestigous Nebula Award, leaving readers eagerly awaiting its sequel, Glamour in Glass, which continues following the lives of beloved main characters Jane and Vincent, with a much deeper vein of drama and intrigue.
In the tumultuous months after Napoleon abdicates his throne, Jane and Vincent go to France for their honeymoon. While there, the deposed emperor escapes his exile in Elba, throwing the continent into turmoil. With no easy way back to England, they struggle to escape, but when Vincent is captured as a British spy, Jane realizes that their honeymoon has been a ruse to give them a reason to be in Europe. He has been using a new technique to capture glamour folds in glass in order to send vital information back to England, where the court has great interest in the political unrest in the region.
Left with no outward salvation, Jane is left to overcome her own delicate circumstances and use her glamour to rescue her husband from prison…and hopefully prevent her newly built marriage from getting stranded on the shoals of another country’s war.
(Ends March 9)
- The EVE: Templar One Battleship Sweepstakes (Ends 2/14)
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Ends 2/24)
- New Spring: The Graphic Novel Based on the novel by Robert Jordan, by Chuck Dixon, Mike Miller, and Harvey Tolibao (Ends 2/24)
- Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne by David Gaider (Ends 2/24)
- EVE: Templar One by Tony Gonzales (Ends 2/24)
- A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron (Ends 3/1)
- Immobility by Brian Evenson (Ends 3/9)
- The Stolen Bride by Tony Hays (Ends 3/9)
- The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 based on the novel by Robert Jordan, written by Chuck Dixon, and illustrated by Chase Conley (Ends 3/9)
- David Weber’s Safehold Series Sweepstakes (Ends 3/9)