Goodreads First Reads: Island Apart by Steven Raichlen
Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About Island Apart: Claire Doheney, recovering from a serious illness, agrees to house-sit in an oceanfront mansion on Chappaquiddick island in Martha’s Vineyard. The New York book editor hopes to find solace, strength, and sufficient calm to finish her biography of the iconoclastic psychotherapist, Wilhelm Reich.
The last thing she expects to find is love.
Then she meets a mysterious man the locals call the Hermit. No one knows his real name or where he lives. To their mutual surprise, Claire and the stranger discover that they share a passion for cooking that soon sparks something more.
But Claire’s new friend has a terrible secret that threatens to drive them apart forever. The clock is ticking. Can Claire let love into her life once more before it’s too late?
Told by a New York Times bestselling author and international TV host with a keen eye for Chappaquiddick’s extraordinary natural beauty, Island Apart has it all—romance, history, travel, crime, lovemaking of exquisite intensity, and cooking scenes so vivid, they’ll make your taste buds ache with hunger. Steven Raichlen’s novel is a smart love story—not to mention a terrific beach read. Think The Bridges of Madison County with better food.
(Ends May 4)
- The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin by Walter Mosley (Ends 4/6)
- Dark Magic by James Swain (Ends 4/6)
- Spring Fantasy Collection Sweepstakes (Ends 4/6)
- A Dog’s Journey by W. Bruce Cameron (Ends 4/6)
- Last Call for the Living by Peter Farris (Ends 4/6)
- A Dog’s Journey Sweepstakes – includes $200 PetSmart gift card (Ends 4/6)
- Dog Days by Elsa Watson (Ends 4/6)
- The Helios Conspiracy by Jim DeFelice (Ends 4/6)
- A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell (Ends 4/11)
- A Night of Long Knives by Rebecca Cantrell (Ends 4/20)
- John Scalzi Collection Sweepstakes (Ends 5/4)
- Redshirts by John Scalzi (Ends 5/4)
- A Game of Lies by Rebecca Cantrell (Ends 5/8)