The Week in Review
Welcome to the week in review! Every Friday, we comb through the links and images we found and shared this week, and pull the very best for this post. Consider it concentrated genre goodness from all around the web.
- It’s New York Comic-Con! If you’re heading to the convention, be sure to stop by our booth and check out what we have going on. If not, we have a consolation prize for you: it’s our annual Not at Comic-Con Sweepstakes!
- Over on Bad Astronomer, there’s a beautiful animated GIF of nebula IC 1396.
- Congratulations to author J. A. Pitts, whose book Honeyed Words just won the The 2012 Gaylactic Spectrum Awards!
- Some famous authors sound off about censorship, with hilarious results. Our favorites: Harper Lee and Kurt Vonnegut.
- The controversy has ended! The Mythbusters proved that Jack didn’t have to die in the movie Titanic.
- Celebrate All Hallow’s Read on October 31st! Neil Gaiman explains on GalleyCat.
- You can now get a PhD in comics. Yup, comics. Appropriate news for this weekend, right?
And, just to make Friday that much sweeter, here’s a list of sweepstakes and sales we have going on!
- Crown of Vengeance by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory (Ends 10/19)
- Renegade by J. A. Souders (Ends 10/19)
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Ends 10/23)
- Bard’s Oath by Joanne Bertin (Ends 10/29)
- Ghost Collection Sweepstakes (Ends 10/31)
- The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan (Ends 11/8)