The Wheel of Time: Legacy
Tom Doherty, Harriet McDougal, Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, and Jason Denzel discuss the legacy of Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series. The Last Battle begins on January 8th in A Memory of Light.
Since 1990, when Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time® burst on the world with its first book, The Eye of the World, readers have been anticipating the final scenes of this extraordinary saga, which has sold over forty million copies in over thirty languages.
When Robert Jordan died in 2007, all feared that these concluding scenes would never be written. But working from notes and partials left by Jordan, established fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson stepped in to complete the masterwork. With The Gathering Storm (Book 12) and Towers of Midnight (Book 13) behind him, both of which were # 1 New York Times hardcover bestsellers, Sanderson now re-creates the vision that Robert Jordan left behind.
Edited by Jordan’s widow, who edited all of Jordan’s books, A Memory of Light will delight, enthrall, and deeply satisfy all of Jordan’s legions of readers.
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass.
What was, what will be, and what is,
may yet fall under the Shadow.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
Rock Soup Productions 2012
From the Tor/Forge January Wheel of Time newsletter. Sign up to receive our newsletter via email.
More from the January Wheel of Time Tor/Forge newsletter:
- Reading the Final Scene of The Wheel of Time by Brandon Sanderson
- Computers Made It Easier by Harriet McDougal
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: The Eye of the World Graphic Novels by Melissa Ann Singer
- The Turning of an Age, plus… Haiku by Jason Denzel
- Channelling Saidar by Jennifer Liang
- A Memory of Light Backpack Sweepstakes
- An Editor’s Dirty Little Secret
- On a Bus to New York
- Sister, Healer, Soldier, Spy
- Tor/Forge Blog is Moving to a New Domain
- The Week in Review
- Not at New York Comic-Con Sweepstakes
- Starred Review: Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
- New Releases: 10/8/2013
- Goodreads Sweepstakes: Watcher of the Dark by Joseph Nasisse
- Tor Books Announces Programming for New York Comic-Con 2013
- .@swan_tower shares her favorite bit from WITHIN THE SANCTUARY OF WINGS on @MaryRobinette's blog:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- Even pirates have a code. Read an excerpt from @kenyonsherrilyn’s upcoming #DeadmenWalking: bit.ly/2o1je8V https://t.co/vxbTR796SY 18 hours ago
- Read "Everything That Isn't Winter" a story by @magpiekilljoy about a post-apocalyptic tea commune:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Read an excerpt from @According2Robyn's airship adventure, #TheGunsAbove: bit.ly/2mMkfVV #FantasyFirsts https://t.co/o1ZDnjsjtq 1 day ago
- .@R_Emrys' #WinterTide subverts Lovecraft’s legacy w/ sympathetic monsters & terrible humans. Read @verge's review:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Vincent van Gogh Would Be Starry-Eyed At These Pop Culture Mashup Paintings
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones Sweepstakes!
- A Head for Heights: The History Behind Steeplejack
- Deadly Peril Done Right: Brian Staveley’s Skullsworn
- Shared Destinies: Why Wealth Inequality Matters
- All Systems Red
- Man vs Militarized Nature: Killer
- Guardians of the Galaxy Is A Story About Finding, and Choosing, Your Family
- Spring 2017 Anime Preview: Can We Stop Adding “Re:” to Anime Titles Now?
- Science Straight Out of the Vorkosigan Saga: Uterine Replicators! (Sort of!)