The Week in Review
Welcome to the week in review! Every Friday, we comb through the links and images we found and shared this week, and pull the very best for this post. Consider it concentrated genre goodness from all around the web.
- Someone is a devoted Walking Dead fan – so much so, in fact, that they did an amazing cross stitch of an entire page from the comics. How incredible is that?
- Looking for summer reading? Jo Walton suggests eight science fiction books from the last decade that made her excited about the genre.
- Want to see some great library spaces? The Open Education Database has found 10 truly incredible ones.
- A true expression of joy: actor Clark Gregg unboxing the Agent Coulson action figure.
- Announcing Alex Bledsoe’s tour for Wisp of a Thing.
The Tor/Forge newsletter went out this week! Check out these fascinating articles from our authors:
- Postultimate Postulations by Ofir Touché Gafla
- The Writer, Not the Song by Alex Bledsoe
- Why Read Dystopian Novels? By P. J. Hoover
- Summer Grab Bag Sweepstakes
And, just to make Friday that much sweeter, here’s a list of sweepstakes and sales we have going on!
- Goodreads First Reads: Mist by Susan Krinard (Ends 6/24)
- Goodreads First Reads: Replica by Jenna Black (Ends 6/25)
- Goodreads First Reads: Storm Riders by Margaret Weis and Robert Krammes (Ends 6/26)
- Goodreads First Reads: Traveling Light by Andrea Thalasinos (Ends 6/27)
- Goodreads First Reads: Extremities by David Lubar (Ends 6/28)
- Goodreads Giveaway: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card (Ends 6/28)
- Goodreads Giveaway: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (Ends 6/30)
- Summer Grab Bag Sweepstakes (Ends 6/30)
- Goodreads First Reads: Kitty in the Underworld by Carrie Vaughn (Ends 7/1)
- eBook Sale: The Affinity Bridge, by George Mann, is on sale for $2.99 (Ends 7/5)
- Goodreads First Reads: Box Office Poison by Phillipa Bornikova (Ends 7/17)
- Goodreads First Reads: Approaching the Speed of Light by Victoria Lustbader (Ends 7/18)
- An Editor’s Dirty Little Secret
- On a Bus to New York
- Sister, Healer, Soldier, Spy
- Tor/Forge Blog is Moving to a New Domain
- The Week in Review
- Not at New York Comic-Con Sweepstakes
- Starred Review: Ask Not by Max Allan Collins
- New Releases: 10/8/2013
- Goodreads Sweepstakes: Watcher of the Dark by Joseph Nasisse
- Tor Books Announces Programming for New York Comic-Con 2013
- Read "Clover," a new short story from @charliejane, featuring the cat from #AlltheBirdsintheSky:… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 12 hours ago
- Read the first five chapters from L.E. Modesitt, Jr.'s #MagicofRecluce: bit.ly/2eFQKiW #FantasyFirsts https://t.co/fQejGkDJMo 14 hours ago
- Check out the cover of #BecomingBonnie by Jenni Walsh! Before Bonnie met Clyde, who was she?… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 15 hours ago
- As the singularity draws nearer, check out @GooglePlay's 5 books about robots, including @ghostfinder’s #MadeToKill… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 17 hours ago
- George RR Martin explains #WildCards, his largest series, on @tordotcom: bit.ly/2eGefbj https://t.co/IfLfFAsOWw 20 hours ago
- Fahrenheit 451 Reading Assignment Elicits Perfect Response
- Rereading Kage Baker’s Company Series: The Graveyard Game, Part 3
- Pull List: Gather ‘Round for Some Spooky Tales from the Darkside
- The Face of the Enemy: Black Mirror, “Men Against Fire”
- Star Trek The Original Series Rewatch: “The Savage Curtain”
- Peter Jackson Will Write and Produce a Film Adaption of Dystopian YA Novel Mortal Engines
- To Hell and Back: Lost Gods by Brom
- A Taste of Honey Sweepstakes!
- 5 Vampire Novels That Don’t Sparkle