Tor Books is heading to New York Comic-Con!
We hope to see many of you there. Stop by Booth #2223 to say hi or to participate in one of our many events and signings.
But for those of you who couldn’t make it out to New York, we wanted to offer you the chance to grab some of the same amazing swag and books that we’re promoting at #NYCC. To enter for the chance to win one of these three prize bundles, leave a comment on this post telling us one fabulous thing that you’ll be doing this week while you are #NotAtComicCon.
Here’s a look at the prize:
And here’s a list of what’s included in each prize bundle:
- Wheel of Time iPhone cover
- The Way of Kings quote magnets
- After the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn
- Among Others by Jo Walton
- Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Attack of the Vampire Weenies by David Lubar
- The Clockwork Sky by Madeleine Rosca
- Cold City by F. Paul Wilson
- Dragon Age Asunder by David Gaider
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel: Vol One
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson
- Girl Genius Omnibus Volume One by Phil Foglio and Kaja Foglio
- Halo: The Thursday War by Nancy Traviss
- Ironskin by Tina Connolly
- Johnny Hiro: The Skills to Pay the Bills by Fred Chao
- Old Man’s War by John Scalzi
- The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind
- Paul of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
- Range of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear
- Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- The Waking Engine by David Edison
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
- Wide Open by Deborah Coates
- Wild Cards I edited by George R. R. Martin
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of 50 United States, D.C., and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 as of the date of entry. To enter, leave a comment below beginning at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) Wednesday, October 10, 2013. Sweepstakes ends at 12:00 PM ET Monday, October 14, 2013. Void outside the United States and Canada and where prohibited by law. Please see full details and official rules here. Sponsor: Tom Doherty Associates, LLC, 175 Fifth Ave., New York, NY 10010.
Welcome to the week in review! Every Friday, we comb through the links and images we found and shared this week, and pull the very best for this post. Consider it concentrated genre goodness from all around the web.
- Because we love tormenting fans (and ourselves, let’s be honest), check out this post from Irene Gallo of Tor.com, who went behind the scenes to watch A Memory of Light being printed at the bindery. Also: Tor.com is having a NYC midnight launch for the final Wheel of Time book!
- Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit comes out today! Over on io9, there’s a fun list of 12 things you probably didn’t know about the epic new movie.
- Looking for new reading material for the holidays? Tor.com has you covered. They’ve invited some of their regular reviews to share their favorite reads of 2012. The result is an eclectic list of books sure to please almost any genre fan.
- A well deserved award: SFWA has named Gene Wolfe the Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master Award Winner for 2012. If you want to check out some of the award-winning author’s earlier works, we’ve just announced 19 of his backlist titles are now available as ebooks.
- Tor.com has launched a new series: Talking with Tom. In this initial conversation, the legendary founder of Tor chats with L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
- In November, science fiction author Frederik Pohl made a rare appearance at Windycon, where he did an interview with ChicagoScope.
- Finally, io9 has their impressions of the first nine minutes of Star Trek: Into Darkness. Is anyone else ridiculously excited for this movie? I know I am, but I’m a bit of a Trekker, so…
The Tor/Forge newsletter went out this week! Check out these fascinating articles from our authors:
- The Toughest Part of Writing Cold City by F. Paul Wilson
- A Letter from Harry Ransom by Felix Gilman
- Crying Bully by J. A. Souders
- What if? Two little words that created S. J. Day’s Eve of Darkess by Sylvia Day
And, just to make Friday that much sweeter, here’s a list of sweepstakes and sales we have going on!
- Newsletter Sweepstakes: Big Fat Books for the Holidays (Ends 12/16)
- Goodreads First Reads: Impulse by Steven Gould (Ends 12/18)
- Goodreads First Reads: The Sixth Station by Linda Stasi (Ends 12/19)
- eBook Sale: People of the Earth by Kathleen O’Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear is on sale for $2.99 (Ends 1/2)
- eBook Sale: Count to a Trillion by John C. Wright is on sale for $2.99 (Ends 1/2)
- eBook Sale: Larry Bond’s Red Dragon Rising: Edge of War by Larry Bond and Jim DeFelice is on sale for $2.99 (Ends 1/2)
- eBook Sale: Imager by L.E. Modesitt, Jr. is on sale for $2.99 (Ends 1/2)
- Goodreads First Reads: Homeland by Cory Doctorow (Ends 1/9)
- Goodreads First Reads: Kalimpura by Jay Lake (Ends 1/9)
- Goodreads First Reads: A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan (Ends 1/9)