About First Thrills: New York Times bestselling author Lee Child and the International Thriller Writers, Inc. present a collection of remarkable stories in First Thrills. Showcasing many of the organization’s bestselling authors as well as rising stars in the genre, here are twenty-five brand-new, never-before published, stories packed with murder, mystery, and mayhem.
*A cunning criminal thinks he can use a child to take the rap for his crimes.
*A hospital intern turned body-snatcher.
*A priest who comes face to face with his wife’s murderer on death row.
*A confederate soldier comes home to his love, but changed by more than just the war….he comes back wrong.
*The discovery of a flying saucer in the deep sea brings one man to the brink of a massive revelation.
*A dying man’s last request proves to his ex-wife that he’s still rotten to the core.
*A clandestine operative finds himself caught in a wicked game of confusion . . . but who is calling the shots?
No matter what type of thriller you read, you’ll find something here that will entertain you . . . and perhaps a new writer you’ll cherish for years to come.
(Ends August 6)
- Angel by Nicole “CoCo” Marrow (Ends 7/09)
- Kings of Vice by Ice-T (Ends 7/09)
- End of Days by Robert Gleason (Ends 7/09)
- A Game of Lies by Rebecca Cantrell (Ends 7/11)
- A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell (Ends 7/11)
- Awakenings by Edward Lazellari (Ends 7/13)
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (Ends 7/30)
- Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers (Ends 7/30)
Congratulations are in order! Three of our Forge authors have been nominated for an Edgar Award!
- Rogue Island by Bruce DeSilva has been nominated for an Edgar Award in the Best First Novel category!
- Also, Jeffrey Deaver’s “The Plot” from First Thrills has been nominated for Best Short Story and
- Neil Cross (Burial, Forge 2010) receives two nominations for TV Episode.
The full list can be found here.