Tor Books is heading to San Diego Comic-Con!
We hope to see many of you there. Stop by Booth #2707 to say hi or to participate in one of our many events and signings.
But for those of you who couldn’t make it out to California, we wanted to offer you the chance to grab some of the same amazing swag and books that we’re promoting at #SDCC. To enter for the chance to win one of these five prize bundles, leave a comment on this post telling us one fabulous thing that you’ll be doing this week while you are #NotAtComicCon. Whether you’re battling Dragon Army, matching wits with Tyrion Lannister, or chauffeuring your kids to soccer practice, we hope that you have a wonderful week.
Here’s a look at the prize:
And here’s a list of what’s included in each prize bundle:
- Ender’s Game movie poster
- Ender’s Game T-shirt and cap
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- The Way of Kings quote magnets
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- The Eternity Artifact by L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
- The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel: Volume 3 based on the novel by Robert Jordan, written by Chuck Dixon, and illustrated by Marcio Fiorito and Francis Nuguit
- Forge of Darkness by Steven Erikson
- Girl Genius Omnibus Volume One by Phil Foglio and Kaja Foglio
- Halo: Glasslands by Karen Traviss
- Homeland by Cory Doctorow
- The Hum and the Shiver by Alex Bledsoe
- The Human Division by John Scalzi
- Hunters of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
- Ironskin by Tina Connolly
- Johnny Hiro: Half Asian, All Hero by Fred Chao
- London Falling by Paul Cornell
- The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind
- River Road by Suzanne Johnson
- Sea Change by S. M. Wheeler
- The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga
- Wild Cards I edited by George R. R. Martin
Plus, one winner will receive this display exclusive – a Redshirts booth poster!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be 18 or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C. to enter. Promotion begins July 18, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. ET. and ends July 22, 2013, 12:00 p.m. ET. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited by law. Please see full details and official rules go here. Sponsor: Tom Doherty Associates, LLC.
About Article 5: New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., have been abandoned.
The Bill of Rights has been revoked and replaced with the Moral Statutes.
There are no more police—instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior—instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested usually don’t come back.
Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard for her to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. That life in the United States used to be different.
Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the military. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow.
That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved.ultimate goal of Ymir?
*sale ends June 21
Sign up for the Tor/Forge Newsletter for a chance to win the following collection:
About our newsletter: Every issue of Tor’s monthly email newsletter features original writing by, and interviews with, Tor authors and editors about upcoming new titles from all Tor and Forge imprints. In addition, we occasionally send out “special edition” newsletters to highlight particularly exciting new projects, programs, or events. Read a sample here >>
If you’re already a newsletter subscriber, you can enter too. We do not automatically enter subscribers into sweepstakes. We promise we won’t send you duplicate copies of the newsletter if you sign up for the newsletter more than once.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be 18 or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C. to enter. Promotion begins March 1 at 12 a.m. ET. and ends March 28, 2013, 11:59 p.m. ET. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited by law. For Official Rules and to enter, go here. Sponsor: Tom Doherty Associates, LLC.
Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons
After faking their deaths to escape from prison in Article 5, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.
Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper’s true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….
Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.
Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.
With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?
Breaking Point, by Kristen Simmons, releases February 12th!
Welcome to the week in review! Every Friday, we comb through the links and images we found and shared this week, and pull the very best for this post. Consider it concentrated genre goodness from all around the web.
- Check out the book trailer for The Six-Gun Tarot, by R. S. Belcher. Buffy meets Deadwood in a dark, wildly imaginative historical fantasy.
- Here’s another amazing book trailer for you: meet the Hugo Award-winning author who’s also…a mad scientist!
- Brandon Sanderson did a #TorChat this week! If you missed it, Tor.com collected some of his answers to fans’ questions.
- Artist Michael Whelan talks about the process he went through creating the cover painting for A Memory of Light.
- Across the pond, Tor UK talks to Cherie Priest about her Clockwork Century series. And, speaking of Tor UK, we’re delighted to report they now have a Facebook page!
- And last, but definitely not least, “Walk the Plank,” the second episode in John Scalzi’s ebook experiment The Human Division, released this week. Follow along with Ron Hogan’s read-along on Tor.com.
And, just to make Friday that much sweeter, here’s a list of sweepstakes and sales we have going on!
- Waiting on Wednesday: Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons (Ends 1/29)
- #TorChat January Sweepstakes: Win a copy of Brandon Sanderson’s The Rithmatist (Ends 1/30)
- Goodreads First Reads: The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination edited by John Joseph Adams (Ends 1/31)
- Goodreads First Reads: Firebrand by Gillian Phillip (Ends 1/31)
- Goodreads First Reads: Blood’s Pride by Evie Manieri (Ends 1/31)
- Goodreads First Reads: Deep Down by Deborah Coates (Ends 2/13)
- Goodreads First Reads: The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett (Ends 2/13)
- eBook Sale: Lion of Ireland by Morgan Llywelyn (Ends 3/6)
Kristen Simmons’ Breaking Point doesn’t hit shelves until February 12, but we have a chance for you to win a copy now!
We have five copies to giveaway away. To enter for the chance to win one, comment below and tell us what your Waiting on Wednesday pick is this week.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be 18 or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C. to enter. Promotion begins January 23, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. ET. and ends January 29, 2013 12:00 p.m. ET. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited by law. Please see full details and official rules go here. Sponsor: Tom Doherty Associates, LLC.